Fully Funded Qatar Scholarships Without IELTS in 2023: For the class of 2023–2024 academic year, the Qatari government is accepting online applications for its fully funded Qatari Scholarships without requiring applicants to take the IELTS exam at any of its public sector Qatari universities.
A variety of higher education institutions are located in Qatar, which is home to international campuses of prestigious US colleges such as Cornell University, Georgetown University, and Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism. Though all of these universities are highly regarded and competitive, only Qatar University has managed to secure a position in the QS World University Ranking.
Each year, these Qatari universities provide a large number of scholarships to students, and this page will help you learn more about your options:
Best Qatar Universities and Medium of Instruction:
Qatar University, College of North Atlantic Qatar, Carnegie Mellon University, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, and Doha Institute for Graduate Studies are among the best universities in Qatar. Since the majority of educational institutions in Qatar employ English as their primary language, applicants whose first language is not English must take the IELTS or TOEFL, among other standardized exams, to demonstrate their English language ability.
Qatar Cost of Living, Visa, and Student Employment:
In Doha, the cost of living is around 10,000 QAR (rent included) for an individual and 18,000 QAR (for a family of four). Other Qatari cities may see a little or significant decrease in this cost. During the academic year, students in Qatar with valid student visas are permitted to work up to 20 hours a week, both on and off campus. During the holidays, they can choose to work full time, putting in up to 40 hours every week. If students labor on campus, they typically get paid about 40 QAR per hour.
Qatar Government Scholarships With IELTS Exemption in 2023:’
Most of the applicants don’t know the fact that they can apply for the scholarships and admissions in Qatar Universities with IELTS exemption if they hold an English language Proficiency certificate or any other IELTS-alternate exam scores.
Because Doha is one of the most expensive cities in the Middle East, students who come here must have a substantial amount of money to last them through their studies. Fortunately, talented students can have their educational costs partially or fully covered by the significant scholarships offered by Qatari higher education institutions. On the basis of financial necessity, certain scholarships are also offered. Let us examine them.
1. Qatar University Scholarships Without IELTS:
Qatar University provides a variety of scholarships in an effort to draw in talented students from both domestic and foreign countries. The majority of these scholarships are awarded based on academic rank and accomplishment. If you don’t have IELTS, Qatar University also accepts scores from the TOEFL, PTE, CAE, and other English language tests, as well as an English language competency letter.
Nearly all of the scholarships pay for tuition, but some also offer extra benefits like textbook fees and an annual round-trip ticket for overseas students.
– The tuition and textbook costs associated with the internal scholarships are only granted to students who reside in the area. In order to be eligible for the award, candidates must fulfill a specific requirement.
– Students can apply directly to the institution for foreign scholarships, or they can be chosen based on recommendations from the embassy of the nation they want to study in. These scholarships, as their name implies, are intended for foreign students and pay for the recipient’s tuition, books, living expenses in the university residence hall, and yearly travel expenses to and from their home countries.
– Twenty students who receive the top results on their high school exams will receive an Emir of Qatar scholarship that pays for their textbooks and tuition. Ten male and ten female students are offered it, and it is only available to Qatari citizens.
– Scholarships from the GCC states are given to students from all of the GCC nations (excluding Qatar). Each nation is awarded a certain amount of scholarship money, which is distributed to students based on their final degree grades. The scholarship includes free housing at the institution and a tuition waiver, which is worth $500.
2. Doha Institute for Graduate Studies Scholarships:
The Doha Institute for Graduate Studies provides a range of scholarships to assist both domestic and foreign students. The selection process for these grants and scholarships takes into account academic achievement, financial necessity, and merit. There are two categories for these scholarships.
– High potential students are given the opportunity to apply for the Tamim scholarship. Arab students as well as nationals of Qatar are welcome to apply. Each and every recipient of the scholarship has their tuition fees paid for. Along with housing on campus, international students receive a monthly stipend, health insurance, and two airline tickets—one for travel to and from their home country and one for return following graduation.
– The Sanad scholarship is awarded based solely on need. It is available to domestic and foreign students, as well as citizens of Qatar, and it pays for tuition (10% to 100%, depending on how much the student requires the scholarship). In order to receive the award, students must provide proof of their need for financial aid. In addition to receiving a tuition waiver, international students are also provided with health insurance, two airline tickets to and from their home country, hostel accommodations, and a monthly stipend.
3. QAPCO Scholarships:
Financial aid is available to students studying in Qatar in several fields such as business, chemical engineering, finance, law, chemistry, and so on through the QAPCO scholarship.
Priority for the scholarship will be given to students who attended and completed their high school education in the current year, as well as those who want to enroll in or are currently enrolled in engineering programs in Qatari universities. The scholarship’s worth is determined by the applicant’s qualifications.
4. Scholarships by Qatar Foundation:
Students attending any of the educational institutions located in Education City, Doha, Qatar, are eligible to apply for a variety of need- and merit-based scholarships from the Qatar Foundation.
– Students with a CGPA of 3.6 who have studied in Education City for at least two semesters are eligible to apply for the QF merit-based scholarship. Although the scholarship might not be able to pay for all of the kids’ educational costs, depending on the school they are attending, it can still be helpful to some extent. In order for this scholarship to be renewed, the student must continue to maintain a 3.6 CGPA.
– Students in Education City universities who are struggling financially can apply for interest-free loans through the QF financial aid program. After graduation, the students must choose one of the several repayment options to pay back the debt.
5. Qatar Airways Scholarships:
Through its several internship and scholarship programs, Qatar Airways’ National Scholarship Program assists local students both intellectually and financially. A monthly stipend, the opportunity to gain professional skills through various training courses, a yearly award for the most deserving students, and the opportunity to do an internship with Qatar Airways are all included in this Qatari scholarship.