Two days into announcing recruitment of teachers, the application tab on the GES recruitment portal has not been enabled to receive applications from qualified individuals.
Explaining what caused this, GES has shared that it had a slight challenge with its recruitment portal and that cause the delay in enabling the recruitment application tab.
Notwithstanding, the Service has assured the public that its technical team is working assiduously to resolve the issue and has asked that applicants bear with them and keep their patience for a little longer.
The Management of the Ghana Education Service on February 10, 2023 publicly announced the recruitment of teachers.
According to the Service, it is requesting application from qualified trained teachers who have Diploma in Basic Education Certificate to be considered for employment.
The Service in the document dated February 3, signed by Angela Frimpomaa Nkansah (Ms.) and shared to GESHub.org defined the job purpose for this recruitment as follows;
- To facilitate learning using 21st century technology
- Continuously improve learner’s ability to research using new technologies
- Teach highly motivated learners, cater for learners with different leaning abilities and help them achieve excellent academic results.
- Attend relevant and continuous professional development sessions
- Use a variety of assessment tools and tasks to accurately assess levels of learner’s competency
- Any other responsibility that would be assigned to you by your Head of Institution
- Criteria for recruitment
- Must have completed Diploma in Basic Education Programme and has no outstanding examination or referrals
- Must have completed the mandatory National Service
- Must have passed the National Teacher Licensure Examination
- Must be ready to work wherever his/her service would be needed.
- Qualified and passionate teachers who wish to apply for this employment opportunity has been urged to apply through the official GES recruitment portal at gespromotions.gov.gh.
GES has slated February 24, 2023 as the deadline for this exercise and noted that only application forms accessed at the website gespromotions.gov.gh would be accepted.