It is one of the few programmes that non-science students can go into. Normally, it is believed that students who offer science-related courses are those qualified to offer Nursing and its related programmes at the Universities.
Today, here is the complete guide to know about the List Of Universities Offering BSc Nursing In Ghana 2022 from Latest Ghana
Who Is A Nurse?
According to Wikipedia, A nurse is a person who is trained to give care to people who are sick or injured. Nurses work with doctors and other health care workers to make patients well and to keep them fit and healthy. Nurses also help with end-of-life needs and assist other family members with grieving.
Roles Of Nurses In Ghana Health Service
- Record medical history and symptoms.
- Collaborate with teams to plan for patient care.
- Advocate for the health and wellbeing of patients.
- Monitor patient health and record signs.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Operate medical equipment.
- Perform diagnostic tests.
- Educate patients about management of illnesses.
- Provide support and advice to patients
Type Of Nurses In Ghana
- Clinical nurse.
- Registered Nurse.
- Nursing Researchers.
- Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Oncology Nurse.
- Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse.
- Neonatal Nursing.
- Orthopaedic Nurse.
- Operating Room Nurse.
- Psychiatric Nurse.
- Travel Nurse.
- Public Health Nurse.
- Nutrition and Fitness Nursing.
- Flight Nurse.
- Geriatric Nurse.
- Paediatric Nurse.
Salary Of Nurses In Ghana
A nurse in Ghana earns an average of GHS 28,252.26 and GHS 37,669.68 per annum. Nurses salary may differ based on the qualification acquired from Nursing or Health Training Institute.
List Of Universities Offering Bsc. Nursing In Ghana
There are many private and public nursing schools available in the country that are accredited by the Ministry of Health. These are some of the list of Universities offering Bsc Nursing in Ghana.
- The University of Energy and Natural Resources.
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
- University of Ghana.
- University of Developmental Studies.
- University of Health and Allied Sciences.
- Presbyterian University College Ghana.
- Central University College.
- Ghana Baptist University College.
- KAAF University College.
- Pentecost University College.
- Garden City University College.
- All Nations University College.
- Christian Service University College.
- Valley View University.
These are some of the Universities and Colleges that offer Bsc. Nursing in Ghana you could attend to.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices