WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump is facing dozens of federal charges related to his handling of classified documents after his term in the White House. A federal grand jury in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida filed a 44-page indictment on charges related to the hundreds of classified documents seized from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.
The indictment includes 37 charges against Trump:
- 31 counts of willful retention of national defense information under the Espionage Act
- One count of conspiracy to obstruct justice
- One count of withholding a document or record
- One count of corruptly concealing a document in a federal investigation
- One count of concealing a document in a federal investigation
- One count of scheming to conceal
- One count of making false statements and representations for allegedly causing his lawyer to certify that all classified documents had been turned over to federal authorities on June 3
Trump’s longtime personal aide and former White House valet, Walt Nauta, informally known as Trump’s “body man,” also faces charges including conspiracy to obstruct justice.
Read the indictment over Donald Trump below ???